Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Life's Journey Led Me to Maui ~ #1



It's funny where life takes you sometimes...

One minute you look around and realize you have grown up in this beautiful, tiny little town of 3000 wonderful people who are more like family than friends............

The next minute you turn around and you're married and having the most beautiful children your eyes have ever seen.....

Life sometimes throws you curve balls, side-ways rain,victory dances, times of elation....times of absolute sadness...but mostly unforgettable experiences and relationships of love and trust. One example is a parent's unconditional love like you'd never knew even existed and a heightened love and adoration for Our Lord God...Whom I never really knew but forever would seek to know more and more every day.

Sometimes....if you listen closely...you will hear God speak to you. In my case, against all odds, warnings of failure if I moved, cautions of not fitting into a different culture, and all kinds of precautionary statements made by people who love me....I listened.....to God. It was time for me to move on.....time to step out of my comfort zone and move away from everyone I love and move to a place (an island) where I knew not one single soul. People ask me, "Was it hard to move away from everything you know?". I will be honest, it was terribly difficult to move away from my adult children, even though they were all on their own and doing well. It doesn't feel right for the parent to move away from the kids. The kids are supposed to move away from the parent(s). With their love and support I moved to Maui....and it was the best thing I have ever done! :)

My life has forever changed and life is sunny, bright, happy and exciting. From the minute I stepped off of the plane I no longer had allergies to plant pollens. I had been miserable my entire life due to allergies....what a freedom that made in my life! It was like a miracle had happened. I've never had to take anti-histamines again....no more nausea, dry throat and coughing. I feel so incredibly healthy and vibrant! You come to Maui and want to be healthy! :)

I also found love here on this island......but I'll save that for my next post of "My Life's Journey". :)

Have a Blessed Day and Be Happy...Smile....Share your radiant self with other's who may really need it or to add an extra bounce in someone's step .....Love and Relationships.....That's what it's all about.

Until next time..........

Mahalo & Aloha,

Donna Marie :)


1 comment:

  1. That is incredable,cant wait for the next one:)

    ReplyDelete