Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Holiday's Are Coming!

The Holiday's Are Coming........Are you ready?? I'm not....I mean I'm ready for the holidays....I loooove the holidays! My parents...when they were alive...adored the holidays so much and it rubbed off on all of us six kids. I have been watching holiday shows...Christmas actually...and letting them take me back to the past in my childhood. Then the movie is over and I wake up to a reality of work and responsibilities. I wish I could just take the time (and a bunch of money) to decorate the house inside and out (Christmas music bringing me to the past like a beautiful dream).....buy a (Fake) fireplace (I don't really need a fireplace on Maui) and put up a gorgeous tree trimmed with old favorite childhood decorations and new ones too. Bake cookies, banana nut bread, cinnamon swirls, homemade bread, cakes and the like having my house smell like Heaven on Earth. The excitement of wrapping them all up in colorful wrap, bows and baskets and hand deliver them with my sweetie to each of the neighbors to wish them all a wonderful Christmas. Giving out hugs and well wishes to everyone around us! Ahhhhh....I love the holidays! Giving of the heart and ones self to another is of the ultimate to gift to give and the ultimate gift to receive. Okay....time for work...I will get to the this soon.....just not yet. I will keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment